[FREE] SEASON Aesthetic Masterclass Webinars & Scientific Posters
Register for a free account to view now
Welcome to SEASON
17–19 November 2023
Sofitel Dubai The Obelisk
27–29 April 2024
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
7–9 June 2024
King’s College London Guy’s Campus
“SEASON is not a trade show. It is a premier programme of evidence-based, non-commercialized education and hands-on training that is aligned with the British academic societies of dermatology and plastic surgery, and linked to the core component of their cosmetic curricula.”
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
We are truly fortunate to be holding this year’s SEASON Aesthetic Conferences at three outstanding centres of aesthetic excellence in Washington, London and Dubai. All are historical landmarks, inspiring testaments to the progress of medical science, and living museums of extraordinary power and beauty.
SEASON 2023 is the 4th Congress of the Global Aesthetics Alliance (GAA), a non-commercialized scientific exchange that has the mission of advancing procedural safety and outcomes in aesthetic medicine, identifying unmet needs in research and development, and fostering responsible media reporting in aesthetics.
As with the previous GAA conferences, we believe that SEASON 2023 is a new way forward in aesthetic science and safety.
We understand and respect that delegates sacrifice time in their clinics and offices and incur significant expenses to attend conferences. Our aim is to offer training and education that are worthy of this—a stellar global faculty with academic and scientific priorities who will catalyse an unsurpassed, interactive agenda of learning and sharing with no hidden commercial conflicts of interest.
“‘Science’ and ‘Evidence’ are often used interchangeably but, in fact, are not the same! This is a fundamental principle of evidence-based medicine.”
A core component of each SEASON Conference is its full day of advanced, hands-on training in anatomy, imaging and procedural techniques.
For each conference, three registration options are offered for in-person and virtual attendance.
SEASON also features interactive scientific sessions, each based on a Statement of Unmet Educational Need and evidence-based Learning Objectives. The conference agenda is novel, relevant and exciting for today’s practitioner, encompassing cutting-edge concepts and innovations in aesthetic standards of care and best practice.
The final day of SEASON brings together physicians, scientists and media representatives to discuss procedural safety, technological innovations and other key topics. This is an interactive forum for debate, dialogue and consensus, during which every voice in the room counts.
The theme for SEASON 2023 is Aesthetic Dreams, Myths and Reality.
The Washington, London and Dubai editions each have their own unique agenda, faculty and focus. All have the primary goal of promoting evidence-based medicine and scientific excellence. Since the start of our initiative over 6 years ago, we strive to address the increasing diversity of our patient populations with respect to ethnicity, gender, culture and age, and how this diversity impacts treatment planning and outcomes. In reflecting these objectives, SEASON has some key features with respect to its logistics, format and agenda:
- Hands-on sessions offering practical, small-group training and preceptorship in essential areas including face and body anatomy, ultrasound imaging, advanced fillers, threads and toxins, use of cannulas, expert facial analysis, and treatment planning.
- The SEASON Journal Club to develop essential skills of critical thinking to analyse the latest publications and research, and what they really mean for everyday aesthetic practice.
- A non-commercialised New Technologies session for unbiased, evidence-based discussion of innovations that will shape the future of aesthetic medicine.
- Like the Conference Directors, all SEASON faculty are actively engaged in academic teaching and most have academic appointments at universities, teaching hospitals or plastic surgery and dermatology academies. Our faculty have been specifically selected for their commitment to evidence-based medicine, non-promotional and fair-balanced education, and clinical integrity.
- Participation of industry in SEASON is by invitation only, and limited to companies and laboratories that are dedicated to procedural safety, evidence-based education, and scientific research. Companies and laboratories serve as conference partners rather than sponsors, by providing educational grants to help defray conference expenses.
To fulfil these objectives and create an intimate dialogue between delegates and faculty, attendance at SEASON is strictly limited. Registration is available now.
In closing, we extend our thanks to our hosts for SEASON, and to the professional societies and journals who are joining us as Academic Partners. We also thank our meeting planners whose tireless logistical support was essential to bringing SEASON ’23 together, and our graphic & web designers for their assistance with conference communications and graphics.
We wish all delegates, faculty and conference partners of SEASON 2023 an inspiring, interesting and productive three days at some of the world’s finest academic institutions. If we can be of any direct help, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.
The SEASON Conference Directors:
- Dr. Hema Sundaram, MB BChir (Cantab) MA FAAD
- Dr. Dalvi Humzah, MBBS FRCS
- Dr. Ashraf Badawi, MD PhD
- Dr. Valerie Callender, MD FAAD
- Dr. Tamara Griffiths, MD FRCP FAAD